Saturday, August 30, 2008

Herb mania


Well, here are my two herb lovers! I wish I could take credit for the close-up photos, but I have to give credit to my new friend Laura. Check out her blog at: http://qwertystudio.wordpress.com/


We were at a "cooking with herbs" class at a plant nursery called Petals from the Past in Jemison AL (see here! http://petalsfromthepast.com/) It was my birthday gift to myself! I was tickled that my boys were happy to come along to learn and sample the fare with me. We had a blast finding plants, pinching herbs, and eating. (How many boys know the difference between rosemary and thyme!!! I'm so pleased mine do!) After scouring the local nursery's here, we finally found some mint( at "Petals") for my mother-in-law so we can have Mojitos at the Ranch! Speaking of, I'm delivering the mint this weekend and hope to have something fabulous to drink....though I doubt it will be a mojito!


Now, as soon as the drama involved with closing on the house is over, I have to make plans to get back to Petals to buy me some citrus trees! (Gotta garnish those cocktails ya know!)


2 comments:

GrammaK said...

Luke looks just like his grandma Berneche! Must be the eyes.
I really ejoy the pictures and the news. Phones are nice but getting the picture too is wonderful.
Hugs, mom

msmec said...

I do two herbs -- cilantro and basil.


Miss your cooking.