Just wanted to give you and update into our adventures! I am new to this whole blogging thing, but since I spend so much time e-mailing my family and friends with snippets of stuff from our lives here in Alabama, I thought I should just go ahead and start a journal where all those I love could drop in and check on me whenever the spirit moves them. Know that I will usually be posting about 11:00 pm Central time, when most of you are already in bed! That means that you can check in first thing in the morning while I am still sleeping!!! (Say a prayer for me then and hopefully it will ensure a good day for me - after I finally get up!)
On an encouraging note, someone looked at our house last weekend; it was his #1 choice of the ten he saw. Still no offer yet, but we are hoping for a favorable outcome. Funny how their timeline and mine are not the same. (I so want stuff to happen quick!)
We have a fully executed contract on a cute little house here, waiting on the bank to appraise it (there may be some difficulty with this.... we'll see.) The style is kinda Art's & Crafts, with some late 70's addition and those horrid metal awnings (Bart likes them...yuk.) We like the look and bones of the house, but there is a ton of work to do on it to get it up to this century! Starting with a good bathroom. I don't think this was a real priority in the 40's. It is very tight. The rooms are tiny, but the wrap around (2 sides) porch and original hardwood floors are nice. We could expand the kitchen and one bedroom without loosing too much of the porch. The acre is really attractive and will serve us well in several years, especially when housing picks back up. This area is poised for more growth. It is keeping us very anxious, this process. We pray God has His hands on us and it is His will that we be in this house, (otherwise we have no clue what we will do!!!)
We are enjoying our church home and making some friends. You can check out the happenings there and even listen to the same sermon we hear each Sunday at http://fbctrusvilleonline.org. Our homeschooling cover group (thankfully our church started one this year, AL state law requires homeschoolers to register with a church school) is getting geared up for field trips and encouraging get-togethers. I hope to be able to contribute something of value.
Boy Scouts keeps us very busy. Starting this month, even busier, as Luke begins cub-scouting in earnest. He has been anxious to begin since Anthony joined back in Virginia. Anthony has gotten 6 merit badges since Spring, mostly at camp, but still has not advanced in rank. We are going to emphasize this part of scouting in the coming year and hope to get him to First class scout by the end of winter. You can check out Anthony's troop at http://www.bsatroop915.org/.
Well this initial blog has turned out to be very long-winded. I promise my future blogs will not take up so much of you time! Let me know when you visit , add a comment or e-mail me.
"When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!!!" Until then I rejoice that you all are in my life!
2 comments:
I had to leave my own comment just to see how it works!
Great Site!! Sure seems like an easy way to keep everyone up to date!!
We will keep you guys in our prayers for the home sale!!
Love you!
T.
Post a Comment