Children's church, now there's an idea! Bart and I have volunteered to help out with Children's church and we were tickled with the format, the props, the children! We do enjoy worship, but felt like we could do that from time to time (or catch the pastor's sermon online during the week...) while really soaking up what they are doing here at FBCT with the kids. We had fun and look forward to more. The church has a strong volunteer base and the finances to support a big production like this every week. The trick is to spread the burden of preparation out (and having a full time Minister dedicated for children helps too!) This year the kids are learning about important character traits and learn through skits, music and prayer...kinda like a traditional morning worship service, but a little louder and without the typical sermon.
Anthony had an overnight scout trip and Bart picked him up during Children's church. When they walked in, they got some looks. Anthony is impressive in his Boy Scout uniform for sure! We have several scout functions this week involving recruiting, I'll try to post more.
1 comment:
That's a lot of kids. Impressive.
The Methodists didn't have a children's church like that when I was a kid - I just spent the hour watching my dad nod off. This looks like a lot more fun. ;)
Post a Comment