
Caving in?
**********************************************************************
We had a Scout trip today, went to Rickwood Caverns up I-65. We got there about 10a.m. and wandered around a while before, meeting the scouts for the cave tour at 11:15. The tour usually takes 45 minutes, but our group was so large that it took us well over an hour. We didn't bring a picnic, so we went to the DQ (yuk) just up the road from the park. We returned to attempt the 1+ mile hike on the nature trail (elevation gain is 200 ft, so it is a mildly challenging hike for us, the boys however did fine!) We found a letterbox while we were hiking (the purpose of getting all that exercise, find the box! The trail ends right in front of the pool and we welcomed the opportunity to cool off and let the boys burn off some more energy by jumping off the tall diving board multiple times. By then it was nearly 5 and time to head home. We got home, unloaded two weeks worth of van mess before we cooked dinner, and now that we have eaten, I don't have the energy to clean up! Alas, no one else is inclined either.....I'm stuck. I just wanted to share our busy Saturday with you, hopefully I will have loads of weekend adventures to blog about!
2 comments:
Spelunking. Not my cup of tea!
Missing you in Virginia.
P.S.
The house photos are nice - love the living area; kitchen looks workable. I think it will be a happy, warm home once you all move in.
Glad you'll soon have a place to spread out.
Post a Comment