A mock Liberty Bell was a great photo op for our trip to American Village in Montevallo AL Thursday. The boys had a great time with the interpreters who were expert in getting the children involved in the experience. You can check out this patriotic outdoor classroom at http://americanvillage.org. It has a short intro video that is inspirational as well as promotional for this treasure in education. I think it inspired me to be a historical reenactor when I grow up!
School, Scouts and church has kept us tremendously busy. In fact, we have not had a regular day of "school" this week at all! Still, the boys have had such rich educational experiences, I am glad to report their education is not being neglected. Anthony will be heading to the Ocoee River in Tennesee for a white water trip this weekend. Luke has a 1st & 2nd grade church party tonight. (They have a more active social life than their parents!!!) We will be hitting the books again though as we anticipate taking off a few days at the end of this month for Nephew Adam's wedding and prep for Nephew Garrett's wedding! Such excitement.
1 comment:
Looks like you are having TOO MUCH FUN down there. ; (
Seriously, if the wedding schedule brings you up this way, I would love to see you all. If I can "babysit" for some of the non-kid festivities (rehearsal dinner, luncheons etc.) I would be happy to do so!
- Eva
Post a Comment