Saturday, August 1, 2009

Preacher cookies!!!

By request, here is my favorite recipie for quick and easy cookies, no need to heat up the kitchen for hours and way better than any you can buy!

Preacher Cookies

2 cups sugar
2+ Tablespoons Cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter (whole stick!)
1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter (I go easy on the PB, smooth or crunchy!)

2 cups oats (rolled not quick)
plus

one cup pecans or other nuts or just more oats.

Stir sugar and cocoa in large pot (it can boil over,) add butter with heat on med.
when butter is melted and incorporated stir in milk. While still on med heat (or a little higher) bring mixture to a rolling boil stirring occaisionally (I measure oats etc now.)
Boil for one minute. Turn off heat. Add PB, vanilla and then oats+ (as soon as PB is melted.) Drop by spoonfuls onto aluminum foil or parchment until cool. (good luck, I have burned my toungue many times not waitin')YUMMY!


No comments: