The gang's (almost) all here!
So many things going on this last month! I wish I could write it all down. We had a busy June and a crazy July. It seemed as if we weren't home at all, (and it shows!) Still, between Scout events and family visits, I think the home front will suffer the neglect and we will have enjoyed all the times with family and friends more!
The highlight of the summer by far has been our family reunion. We haven't had a "proper" get together since before I was married! It was so great to see everyone and hear about their lives, the little bits we get through the years just can't provide enough. Seeing everyone in the flesh and getting to wrap our arms around each other was so great.

Impresive! Grill Masters!
There were several adventures we had over the course of the week, especially for me. I have never been horseback riding, or kayaking or rock climbing in a made-for-the-Olympics whitewater course! As fun as those all were, it didn't compare to seeing the young cousins playing together, my niece and cousin and their techno-ability (with facebook and phones!) watching my creative aunts...stitching, knitting, cooking, playing cards!!! Noticed how my uncles and Ralph were patient to let the "sisters" take charge of the activities and schedule while they just kicked back and relaxed. Seeing my big brothers man the grill together made my heart smile, and hearing my sister read to all the kids at night was humbling and inspiring. I was touched that my brother-in-law could be angry at some of the kids actions and forgive the offenses, love and include them all week. Playing games each night brought out the competitiveness of many...(not me mind you! I was just in it for the fun! !~\ ) I wish we had a video camera trained on the pictionary and cranium drama! Some of it was hilarious, some unbelievable, some downright heated! I think everyone agrees that Claire and I shouldn't be on the same team!!! (We are formidable!)

The Sisters intense competition! Cousins!!!
My wish is for every family to have the love and joy ours has! I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:
Post a Comment