Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cedar Key Fun!



Cool, sunny Saturday



Wow! I have been remiss! Or should I say busy!!! I can't imagine how I've let a month go by without posting. Could have something to do with soccer and track and scouts......
Well, I promised to post some photos of my (way too brief) visit with the Nardone girls at Cedar Key, Fl. I took off on Friday morning early and got there by the afternoon cocktail hour!!! (It's five o'clock somewhere!) We shared lots of hugs and did some catching up as we enjoyed the gale force winds, and laughed at Karen and Alice lugging around a great big bushel of oysters (we got through more than half the bushel over the course of the weekend!) By Saturday morning, the storm had subsided with the threat of a more serious return by evening. We took off for a breezy stroll through the quaint waterfront and enjoyed the massive new fishing pier built to withstand a Cat5 hurricane (or worse by the looks of it. I would feel safer on that pier during a storm than just about anywhere else on the island!) We enjoyed lunch at Annies, (even though they didn't have what we wanted and got our order wrong!) It was so nice to celebrate Claire's birthday even if we didn't have a three tier pink princess cake and had to settle for the weight watchers special. The fruit was yummy but it was the chocolatini that made it more birthday celebration-like. It's a shame I froze the margarita mix, that would have been party worthy too . . . still, we made do! I won't go into the squirt gun portion of the weekend, but I will say that though fun was had by all, and it ended all to soon. Thankfully, there is a plan for a family reunion this summer!!!!
On the seriously well built "boardwalk"
Female ingenuity. How many females on holiday does it take to change a couple of (flourescent!) lightbulbs!!?!?!
Our sweet waitress took this shot of us after we ate a bunch of fish, fried green beans and fried pickles!!! Yum!

No comments: